Inside the Blog

Tribute To Those Toiling Tough

This blog is a tribute to those farmers who toil to feed empty stomaches, but are fed up and frustrated with a system which mocks at their toils.

Monday, June 16, 2014

'Elder' representatives of young generation in the 'Upper House'

Election of Anubhav Mohanty this  month renewed my attention towards our 'elder' representatives of the new generation in the 'house of elders' - Rajya Sabha. Media is full of news that young people are flooding the 'Upper House'. Last year too two famed youngsters Sachin Tendulkar and Dillip Tirkey had been nominated/elected to the house house of elders.  
I did a google search and tried to compile present Rajya Sabha members who are 45 years of less. You will be happy (?) to know that the youngest members in the Rajya Sabha are from our state - Odisha. I was interested to know what made these youngsters 'elder'? The google did not give me much hint. It, however, gave me few more hints which I fear to use in social media. They are ridden with danger (Ha ha...) 
These days you can get free meals inside jail by posting in social media. I am not eager to take benefit of 'free meals'.  
(Source: Information on age compiled from Rajyasabha website. Other information have been compiled from google (their authenticity need validation).

No comments:

Post a Comment