Inside the Blog

Tribute To Those Toiling Tough

This blog is a tribute to those farmers who toil to feed empty stomaches, but are fed up and frustrated with a system which mocks at their toils.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Suparno babu - Your Plagiarism is Unacceptable to Me

My Open letter to Suparno Satpathy, Chairman SNSMT

To
Sri Suparno Satpathy, 
Chairman of Srimati Nandini Satpathy Memorial Trust

Sub: You have resorted to obscene plagiarism

Dear Suparno babu, 

Kindly go through the followings:
1. That on 28.12.2010 I found an article titled 'A special package of lies from the govt. of Odisha' published in webportal www.orissabarta.com (http://orissabarta.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4043:a-special-package-of-lies-from-the-govt-of-odisha&catid=41:articles&Itemid=27).
2. That Suparno Satpathy, Chairman SNSMT, has been shown as author of that article.
2. That this is nothing but a complete cut and paste of my article 'A Package of lies' which I had posted in various e-groups and my own blog www.bimalpandia.blogspot.com on 23.12.2010. In other words, this is lewd plagiarism to the core.
3. That the only changes in the article that the website shows as yours are as follows: (a) Substitution of two names, 'Annada Mishra of Bankia village in Sonepur district' with 'Girdhar Pradhan of Chendipada at Angul district', and 'Anata Bariha, a small farmer of Dhatuk village in Balangir district' with 'Dinu , a small farmer of Balangir district'; (b) Deletion of names (whom I had quoted) Ashok Pradhan, Murari Prasad Purohit, Saroj Mohanty, Bijay Dishari, M. Govindu and Daktar Bhoi; and (c) Deletion of inverted commas for quoted portions whose names have been deleted. 
4. That though you have not made much changes to my article, at one place where you have tried to do something different, you have only become more funny. For example you have substituted '“I am being told that I will get only 1,200 rupees compensation for the lost crop in my one and half acre holding,” informs  Ananta and adds “I had spent 20,000 rupees on the crop.” with  “I have been offered a 1,200 rupees compensation for my lost crop on my one and half acre holding,” said  Dinu and he added “I had spent 20,000 rupees on this crop which is completely ruined.” 
5. That this kind of theft of my creation and blatant plagiarism is unseen and unaccepted in a civil world. 
6. That from the way you have made the posting and the way you have funnily tried to change names and a preposition, clear indications emanate that the said act has been done deliberately with a clear malafide intention to claim my article as yours.
6. That on the very day when I found out that my article has been posted as your article, on www.orissabarta.com (on 28.12.2010), I did send you a personal mail. 
8. That it was personal because I had no intention to stretch the matter to ugly proportions. And there was another reason too. As I tried to find out who you are I found from www.orissabarta.com and www.snsmt.org websites and from google search engine that you claim to be heir of late Smt Nandini Satpathyji. Since my father and Nandi Satpathyji were close friends at political level and I personally have great respect for that leader and his son Tathagat babu, I prefer to not make that public and give you enough chance.   
9. That since at that point of time I did not have your own email ID, I sent you my first mail at addresses editororissabarta@gmail.com, and info@snsmt.orgI collected those emails info/contact us links of www.orissabarta.com and www.snsmt.org websites. 
10. That  in that mail I had requested you to kindly say sorry and remove the post from www.orissabarta.com. I had also told you that I will wait for few days for your reply and if you do not reply quickly I shall make the issue public and may take other recourse claim compensation for infringement into my creation.
11. That the text of that mail was later posted in my blog www.bimalpandia.blogspot.com under heading 'blatant plagiarism'. 
12. That you did not fit it necessary to say sorry or remove the article from www.orissabarta.com and I have not received any communication from you regarding that yet. 
13. That though you preferred not to respond to my mails, funnily you sent me a new year wish at my mobile. From this I assume that you have my contact. And since you have stolen my article from either my blog or from some e-groups, I assume that also had the opportunity to get my email ID as all my postings always and invariably go with my contact below the posts.  
14. That from this I can safely make out that  you had enough opportunity to say me sorry or respond to my mail but you preferred not to do either. 
15. Hence, I made the issue public by posting the matter in few Odisha centric e-groups on 31.12.2010.
16. That since I have made that post, I have received a lot of calls and mails from many readers who have expressed their agony, distraught, displeasure and rejection of your act. 
17. That many well wishers have advised me to post both articles -  my original article and my article which you have posted as yours in www.orissabarta.com. I will soon publish comparison of both in blog www.bimalpandia.blogspot.com. (For your information I have also posted the entire www.orissabarta.com webpage in my blog). 
18. That since no communication still came at any level from you and the said posting is still on at www.orissabarta.com, I again made posting on 5.1.11 that your plagiarism is absolutely unacceptable to me.
   19. That after reading that post many wishers have sent me your personal email ID. Hence I am again  sending you this mail to your mail with copies to various e-groups.  
20. That your act is absolutely unacceptable to me and I demand an unconditional apology in public. Besides you must immediately remove the article from www.orissabarta.com and tell in the website that the said article belongs to Bimal Prasad Pandia and publishing that article as Suparno Satpathy's was a big mistake and you regret doing that. I firmly believe that an apology will not cause dent to your social stature and bury the issue there itself.
21. That I again reiterate that I do not know you and do now wish to cause you any loss. But if you continue to ignore my request to say sorry and express regret, I shall be constrained to take necessary steps to save my intellectual creations which may, in that process, cause you intellectual harm and unnecessarily consume my time. 
22. That from sources I have come to learn that you are a grandson of Smt Nandini Satpathy. You are stated to be educated abroad. You also have political inclination. And you also are the Chairman of a trust formed in Nandini Satpathy's name and by virtue of that claim to be a civil society worker.
18. That I respect your background and urge you to take necessary steps so that your esteem and social standing is not damaged by nefarious deeds such as this one. 

Suparno babu, I hope you have the ability and will to understand the hurt that you have caused me and in doing that, I hope you also know, the potentials of damaging your own interests. Thus I hope you will tender an unconditional and clear apology and declare that you will not resort to such practices in future. In return I shall wish you good luck.

Regards

Bimal Prasad Pandia

No comments:

Post a Comment